Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mapping attempt need critique

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veluux View Post
    Even if they travel in one direction, the river bed they carved bout would likely be between a bunch of jagged hard rock. Also should have some white water rapids. Right now they look like they're flowing between two soft soil hills.
    I don't think I've ever seen someone actually depict rapids visually on a map of this scale/style. If you know of ones that do, I'd be very interesting to see how that's accomplished.

I don't know if this will help any but I like putting some rapids action on my rivers when I can. I don't always do it but here are a couple examples linked where if you check them out you might get some ideas of your own. Hope it helps.

Islyander shows some white water on the rivers here and there.

Elechos <-- only place it shows are the falls due north of the Maelstrom at Les Chutes De Thlot.

By the way I like how this is developing and your mountains are looking very good. Keep up the good work.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

looks beautiful and very stylistic but those are much closer dimension maps and different style from what I am trying to do. I agree with Seraphine_Harmonium in terms of relevance. Reagardless beautiful work m8!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123