Thread: I have a challenge for you

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default I have a challenge for you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larp.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	819.0 KB 
ID:	57066

I have a challenge for you cartographers out there. I have uploaded a map to this thread with the hopes that a skilled cartographer was searching for something to test his skills. If you feel you are not up to it then feel free to keep on searching through this site. The image above is a map for a L.A.R.P. Group that is in desperate need of re-doing. It is old and ugly to look at, and I would try to fix it myself but I am simply too busy. What I would like is for someone to re-do it without taking out any of the names of the places or the vague layout of the geography, as it is representative to real life. You can, however, add in as much new things as you want and change the coast-lines as much as you will. You may name oceans add cities, add new continents, show better continental drift, compress some areas and expand others, but you must keep all locations on the map, even if you must move them a little. I would also like you to put the following message somewhere in the map so that the hundreds of people in the larp group you'll be helping out can know who to credit.

-[your name] - Cartographer's Guild

This is so that people can find you and pay you to do nice maps and things for them. Anyway, I would like you to be as creative as possible without deleting too much content, and have fun with this!

Again, Thank you for all of your help that you've given!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larp.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	819.0 KB 
ID:	57066

Spare Pictures - Greenheart

I would appreciate any help you could give me in this!

That's fantastic, I'll accept any help offered, and if you have any other people you know who are on the guild and are wanting to design something but cannot decide what, point them this way!

I was wondering if you've made any progress yet? You asked me to give you a nudge in a few weeks.

I haven't even started! Thanks for the nudge. Things are busy at home and work at the moment. Did you have any particular style in mind? Something which looks fantasyish and hand drawn with lots of character, maybe?

Oh yes, that all sounds great! If you need any inspiration here are some maps that fit the feel I'm looking for- This kind of map should be the sort that a wealthy noble should own, or a high ranking general, as apposed to a map that would be readily available to medieval citizens.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...d_Thornton.jpg
    http://fantasy-maps.com/wp-content/g..._t7_teaser.jpg
    http://art.ngfiles.com/images/75/aut...antasy-map.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rTkzZHh_81...ddle+Earth.jpg
    I know these are very different examples I've displayed, but they all seem to have a good feel about them for the purposes they are serving. Thank you again for your help!

Gotcha, you want a map that looks like it's been drawn by Torstan or DJspek! (Don't worry, everybody does! lol!)

I'll try and get you something in that ball-park.

best

Ravi

I'm immensely excited for this!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast