Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Bronze

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Lands of Bronze

You know how, late last year, I started this thread here (among many others) in an effort to finally nail down once and for all a definitive look for my conworld? Well, I think I can now say I'm successful. This is a big part of why I haven't been super-active here over the last couple of months - this beast has sucked up a lot of my free time. I changed the name of the world from Tropan to Eos, and changed/dropped/added a LOT of stuff to the world canon. Comments and criticism are welcome. For the sake of my future sanity, I think this is the last revision of this I'd better attempt.

And yes, the astute among you may notice that part of the coastline of the eastern continent has elements of the southern coast of that speculative map of Middle Earth that's been floating around the web for ages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LandsofBronze.jpg 
Views:	6241 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	57074  
    Last edited by Diamond; 08-22-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

So this is where you took the style for your Paksenarrion map from! Maybe? Anyway, that's an amazing map. I love the coastlines, they just harmonize so well with each other while also looking very realistic. Time to add to your huge pile of rep Edit: crap, I can't. Gotta get me one of those "people to rep when I can"-lists that others seem to have!

Holy F... ... man, that is a kick-ass map (ok, i know you already knew i'm a Diamond Fanboy...but still)! Very nice! If i can, i rep. you.

Now, you also know me quite well by now...so here some things that will certainly not surprise you:

- Will we see a worlmap for this setting? I really hope so.
    - Care to tell us a bit about the world itself, the setting? Because honestly, i already want to take this world for an rpg-spin with my group

Cheers
    E.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

The mountains when zoomed in are perhaps a bit fuzzy pixelish for my personal taste (you know me... feel free to roll eyes), but the whole thing is GORGEOUS. I'd definitely call it successful, and well done!

And those are some sweet heraldic emblems and interesting shield shapes.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Nice map !

As usual, I'd like the way you display your landmasses... And I wouldn't have notice the middle-earth borrowing without your mention

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    So this is where you took the style for your Paksenarrion map from!
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    - Will we see a worlmap for this setting? I really hope so.
    - Care to tell us a bit about the world itself, the setting? Because honestly, i already want to take this world for an rpg-spin with my group
    -Well, that was always the plan, to do a world map, and it'll still happen. I doubt the rest of the world will have much detail beyond regional names, at least at first, though.
    -This is intended to be a fantasy/scifi fusion setting; the planet was settled at some time in the distant past by humans, who brought with them a couple of engineered worker/slave species - the Qol, insect-human hybrids who are great engineers, builders, and scientists, the Bhatt, bat-human mixtures that function as messengers and spies, and a couple others as well... There are remnants of ancient tech scattered everywhere, including a few old, half-insane AIs, machine-human vampires, random bits of old weaponry, etc etc. This is a planet slowly sinking into barbarism and degeneracy as the old empires begin to crumble and the terraforming starts to degrade. I'm going for kind of a Dying Earth/Book of the New Sun type of feel, with my own twists, of course.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Oh I missed this one Nice map Diamond! Great lanshapes as usual and the color scheme works well. Chasio spotted one thing right, though, the reliefs are a bit fuzzy

Ooh, nice one! Really dig that compass rose. Lovely work as always Diamond.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Brilliant map!!!
    It really gave me the idea of a military map, dunno if is the colors or ... well, its all great! Subscribed coz i was looking for something like that for one future idea!!!
    Fell "rep"ed coz i cant do it right now.

Thank you, guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast