Thread: Amateur writer in need of cartographer for fantasy maps! ##well paid work##

Help Amateur writer in need of cartographer for fantasy maps! ##well paid work##

My names Tom J. Baker and I'm writing an epic fantasy book series! For such a piece of work, I need the lands, realms and regions inside my head to brought to life by a talented, creative and imaginative cartographer! There's plenty of work to be had here as I've created such a vast and dense world, so I'll get to the details! EMAIL ME OR POST (tommabear46@hotmail.co.uk) IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE WORKS!!!

The first map needed is of the main continent were the majority of the action in the books takes place. This is Solumvir, the Land of Heroes. A western continent composed of a political entity known as the Eightdoms. Attached is a basic outline of the continent. It's inspired by Europe. If anyone is interested in creating this map then please message me for further details about intricate parts of the land so you can get to work! Details such as rivers have not been drawn out as I'd leave this to the imagination of the cartographer, but any pivotal plot details will be given to you if you accept the job. PRICE GIVEN FOR MAP: £50. TIME NEEDED: N/A

The second map of this collection is Drekheim, a magical continent to the east of Solumvir that is populated by one major kingdom, two realms and the Valley of Fire. Attached is an outline of Drekheim, and details will be given to a messaging cartographer! PRICE GIVEN FOR MAP: £50. TIME NEEDED: N/A

Finally, I'd like a map of the Charted World for my series. This is composed of four major continents and two islands. This map would feature no details such as towns, cities or strongholds, and would simply present the four continents, isles and the names of surrounding seas. PRICE GIVEN FOR MAP: £80. TIME NEEDED: N/A

So that's my proposal. If any up and coming cartographer out there wishes to take on any of these jobs, message me on this forum or email at tommabear46@hotmail.co.uk

GOOD LUCK!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drekheim.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	267.4 KB 
ID:	57095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solumvir.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	57096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Charted Lands.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	57097  

Hi Tom, I'm sure you'll find lots of interest in your maps. You had the request marked as [unpaid] which I take is an error - I've changed it to [paid].

best

Ravs

##############QUICK UPDATE##############

Map Sizes:

Solumvir: 3,000 x 2,500

Drekheim: 3,000 x 2,500

The Charted Lands: 4,000 x 4,000

Drekheim has also seen a change in style. It is now MUCH larger, with the posted illustration being merely the tip of a vast continent even larger than Solumvir. It reaches off into Varathimir, the Region of the Unbowed Cities.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drekheim.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	57115

Thank-you very much! I realised this before I went to bed last night but was too tired to change it! Thanks again.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Do you have ideas on the style of map you want? Are you looking for a top-down photorealistic map? A hand-drawn parchment effect? A colorful, painted look?

Are you looking for something purely practical, that just gets across the important information, or do you want something artistic and highly aesthetic?