Thread: A beginner's Hello!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Default A beginner's Hello!

Hi everyone!

I'm very glad to have stumbled over this website. I'm a fantasy geek since my childhood and started P&P RPG quite early and have ever since dreamed up my own worlds. That slowly progressed to a whole universe.
    I'm working on a novel, too, as I imagine many do. I'm aiming low, though, just writing for fun at the moment.

Drawing maps has always spiked my inspiration and I always wanted to have a digital drawing tablet. Now my dream has come true and I'm very happy to own a Wacom Bamboo since yesterday!

I'm an absolute beginner, both in using Photoshop and the Wacom, but the tutorial for Ascension's Map style by Kevin McLeod has already helped me immensely.

So I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and gawk at the wonderful maps on here!

Cheers!
    Llannagh

Welcome fellow writer and world builder! *eyes his tablet enviously * Use the heck out of that thing. Wish I had one myself! It would cut down on the arduous prep work it takes to pull of pen work effects with a mouse.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Thanks for the welcome.

I was surprised to find that the Wacom Bamboo is actually pretty affordable. Here in Germany I paid 79€ (about 105 $). So maybe it would make a good christmas present!