Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Map...almost finished

Guild Adept

I personally really like this map. I didn't notice the repeating pattern in the first posted draft until it was pointed out and then I couldn't help notice it. Glad you got that worked out.

Ars Magica always sounded like such a fun concept game. Here's to a successful game.

Great looking map. Did you free form the shorelines? I have wnated to do something with CC2 for my South of France Ars saga, but the scope is so daunting. Great job.

Post Brilliant Map

I just stumbled across this thread and I love your map. I am about to start a D&D campaign set in 1043 England and I will looting ideas from your map ruthlessly. My game will be relatively straight D&D, but with a Viking/Saxon flavor with just a hint of Norman seasoning. You have me curious about Ars Magica now, I want to see how a campaign proceeds in such a long timeline.

As for the map, I expect to work in a tighter area of the midlands, roughly Leicester to York cut across the middle to include the Peaks and some of the Fenlands. I expect the Peaks to be where most of the action is. I am curious about your naming, can you point me to a source for the period names of the towns and cities? The map mentioned above at the Anglo-Saxon site uses modern names, I would love to use period ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12