Thread: The Long Pass

Map The Long Pass

relatively recently i decided i was going to do a table top rpg (over the internet using combinations of several programs) with friends from across the world. my original intent was to use the Avon Arret map that i previously uploaded and basically let them run wild but considering this is the first game i will ever be GM/DM/ hosting i realized that it was too much for a world and even more so without a story.

That's where this set of three maps come's in, they detail "The Long Pass" a form of magical(or maybe not) wormhole/rift/passage way crossing the equator of its world. the pass received its name because while the patch of mountains it passes through is only about 50 miles thick the pass itself is closer to 10,000, why use this long and dangerous path? because it is the only land bridge between the north and south hemisphere but i hear you ask why not use the sea? because of lethal impossible to traverse storms and monsters from the depths

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Long Pass 3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	57139

Name:	The Long Pass 2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	57138

Name:	The Long Pass.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	57137

the adventure shall begin at the bottom and will go through until they reach the top
    (the handy attachment feature actually has made it look closer to how i imagined and also shows some glaring differences between the three, but i still think its good)

anyways thoughts and technically criticisms welcome.

good mapping guild mates.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Cool concept! That gets a gold star from me right there. Kind of reminds me of Riverworld, and that's a good thing.

I'm not liking your rivers too much; the color is very jarring against the different blue of the lakes/seas, and the bevel on them looks odd, especially where they join.

Overall though, I like the idea and look of it very much.

yeah it seems that my skill with river's is horrible, the biggest problem is that the rivers are done after I have finished everything else, so its an entirely different layer and its much more difficult for me to get my head around i guess. but thanks to another helpful tutorial from here at the guild its possible that it might not be as bad in the future.