Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hello! I found my way here through Myth-Weavers due to the fact that I'll be needing a map for a game. I'm so glad I found this site. Sadly, my map-making skills aren't too great so I won't be contributing any fabulous maps here. I hope to be inspired and awed by all the maps here. I also hope to get me some maps for my game. I guess that's all there really is to say.

Ahhh, but you err in presuming all the goodness here comes from ace artists and master mappers. Not so! One can come up with presentable & serviceable maps by following directions and attending to detail. Even the old "can't draw a straight line with a ruler" excuse won't hold water, since maps seldom need straight lines :-). Seriously - find a style you like, software you have or can obtain, and work through some of the Guild's tutorials. You'll surprise yourself. Can't beat your own work for matching your own needs and druthers.

Welcome to the Guild!

Thanks for the welcome! So sorry for the late reply! I had gone camping and then immediately after camping had tons of school and work. Thank you for the encouragement. I think with me it's just time consuming of which I'd rather spend writing. XD So I'll most likely be looking for someone to make me a map. Actually, I'll be doing a rough drawing of what I want it to look like right now.

Welcome to the Guild chunchunboom!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh