Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July Entry: Setting the bar high

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Post July Entry: Setting the bar high

Well the atrocious puns got me thinking and doodling when I got back from the cinema this evening. This is a place-holder but it's a concept I didn't throw away. I'll see where it goes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SettingTheBarHigh.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	5033

Yes, it's a flying bar.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

lol... classic... you rule

Noice!!! even the sketch is artful.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Once your done, the FHCO's and I want to model it in Sketchup, please, they have discovered a whole batch of ruby scripts, some of which allow the easy modelling of hulls and odd shapes, and your sketch looks like it would test their ever improving skill.
    SeerBlue and the FHCO's
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Reminder to self - never post ideas for maps late at night

Well, I'm completely new to steampunk stuff, so this could be a steampunk flying bar, but I'll have to rely on others to keep me honest with the genre stuff. Equally, this could be an elemental driven eberron style flying bar - or just plain odd.

If this gets to completion then of course you are free to model it in sketchup!

Edit: Of course, I'll be expecting a vote from each of the FHCOs
    Last edited by torstan; 07-09-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Well, they only have one login and posting is restricted, as Lemur loves to type but has a limited list of words she knows,,,,,and one thing they have learned, or one of many, whilst working on Snapgallows and its Compendium, is "rules is rules".........otherwise Raith's Wyvern would be 40 feet tall....but I am sure you would get their "that's Fick" vote.....Fick is a Snappie term for anything reallllly good.
    SeerBlue

Well I'll be very happy if this manages to grab their imagination. They seem a discerning crowd. I'd best get on to making this 'Fick'.

Well, in lieu of any progress, here are the other sketches - I think I'm happy with sticking with the heli-bar, unless anyone has a burning urge to see a zeppelin again?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SettingTheBarHigh.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	5072

Post Heli-bar

I think your Heli-bar has the most mapping options!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast