Thread: Need help. (dont know what to do with map area)

Default Need help. (dont know what to do with map area)

Hi there. This is my first post guys and I want some help here
    I have always been into mapping fantasy worlds since I was little and have recently gone on to doing large project type mapping.
    (I prefer doing it by hand). I am currently mapping out a world I called "Eldwehn" that I have been changing up and a lot of the time
    constantly re-mapping the same world, though keeping the same regions and basic history. This one I'm working on is something I want to
    be very presentable (hence the lovely fonts on the region and continent names) I do it by hand ALWAYS because people always told
    me when I was little that I was very good at art so I got used to drawing the little mountains and shizz

Here are two pics of the north-west and north-east of this map I am creating atm. What I need help with is.. What should I do with
    the large blank patch to the far east ? I don't want it to be just another region but I want it to be something different. It's in the back of
    my head and I can't seem to figure out what it is. If it helps then the nations bordering it are Evanor, the Wood Elven nations (using the
    classic fantasty races) and to the north it borders Kal'Nwar, the Dwarves nation.

Thanks for the help in advance. Also give me some
    critique on my drawing skills if you wish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VID00846_001.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	57298
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VID00847_001.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	57299

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

That looks excellent! I envy your handwriting skills… Do you have plans to color this?

Have some rep for showing a map in your first post!

Thanks man. One of the few forums on the internet where you can get a reply in 10 mins !
    So what do you think I should do with the big blank patch to the far east ?

P.S. Not sure If I want to colour it as I can't think of a way to colour it without making it too colourful. I want it to have the very old map feel to it, of course