Thread: The Valley of Nod

Guild Member

Post The Valley of Nod

I don't have a WIP thread to accompany this as I did it fairly quickly and needed it in a rush for a play by post campaign I'm starting up. I will however, be posting the cheesy hand drawn sketch I turned the image out from. ( i.e. I scanned the drawing and used the penciled portions as the top layer while painting 'under' the lines. The white BG I subbed for a textured parchment as to make it seem as if it was found an old map fragment. I learned how to make the parchment BG from scratch using a tutorial here or a link from here last year. )

I feel that these two images compared side by side shows what a powerful tool an image editing program can be for folk who are as impaired in their use of traditional media as I. ( i.e. pen and paper )

Introduction:

Welcome to the Valley of Nod... It is where the human race is born, to rise in a world where they are seen as a threat to the old ways... a young race that is suddenly becoming a major contender. They have gathered together from afar in the valley of Nod and after a deal with the locals (dwarf folk), they have built their first major city center in a pretty damned secure position.

I want the city to be on the lake somewhere... There's a bit more to the land features but, well, I gotta work it all out first ;D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nodOrigHand.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	5031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nod.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	5032  
    Last edited by Duvik; 07-08-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: grammar
    The Tangled Web A community for players and DMs of online pen and paper style roleplaying.

Blog Entries

I reckon the color version is much more powerful than the B&W.