Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first world map - Feedback wanted

I've reinstalled Win7 and took a subscription to Photoshop CC 2014. I have also updated my map and changed the island chains. Now I don't know how useful this is but I got the idea of using colours to indicate the pressure level spreading rate of each continental plate. Here's the result;

After the plates have their direction arrows I will mark areas with earthquakes, volcanoes and sea trenches.

Edit;
    After looking at this map I will be replacing "pressure" with "spreading rate" at the Tectonic legend.

Oh and for those who care I found this interesting webpage on tectonics.
    Last edited by Iggy; 08-30-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    WIP - My world map (now with tectonic plates. Or something that remotely resembles them.)
    WIP - Ivaerus continent - A fresh new struggle in making a continental map.

Another update and I have now more or less tried to mark earthquake areas, volcanic areas and mid-ocean ridges.

I hope it somewhat makes sense.
    WIP - My world map (now with tectonic plates. Or something that remotely resembles them.)

Another status update, I am closing the tectonic chapter, unless anyone posts feedback that warrants corrections to be made, and moving on to what might be the trickiest bit, climates. Now I don't think my world will require a very detailed and scientific correct climate maps but I am curious how detailed I can make it. As it is now I will leave the landforms, mountains and tectonics as they are, excluding possible adjustments based on feedback. Which I highly welcome.

Oh wow! Very interesting project, I'm really looking forward to see how you do climate.

First crude attempt at prevailing winds;

Ocean currents are next and with the prevailing winds they are preliminary to climates, the last and most difficult to nail down.

Other maps I am considering;
    - Height map
    - Average january and july temperatures.
    - Average january and july rainfall.
    Last edited by Iggy; 09-24-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Wow! Really cool.

The first result of the complete ocean currents;

I've set the prevailing winds at 50% opacity which makes it easier when drawing the currents, they are suppose to roughly follow the prevailing winds direction.
    Last edited by Iggy; 09-28-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123