Thread: Back after 3 months and almost healed

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Back after 3 months and almost healed

Hello brothers and sisters.

I just come back to house after 3 months trying to heal a problem in my right hand. I got something that we call here in Brazil "LER - Lesão por esforço repetitivo" ( googled : Repetitive strain injury - RSI) and i passed for a small surgery tryng to fix it.
    In this time i just moved to my parents house, in a farm, where i wast able to use internet and computer, coz probly i will never be able to use like before. I am doing several programs of physiotherapy and now i have a restriction to use my right hand, specialy saying about computers.
    It is changing my life for completely. I work with 3D Mech Designer and Draws for my last 15 years and now i cant do it again, not only this, this sick says to me to not play more computer games, i must stay away from mouses and keyboards.

In beggin guess it broke my life, but now i am just looking ffw and accepting the changes and discovery that life is cool out of computers lol. Anyway i have to prepare to a new surgery, wut will not make me able to computers, but will give me a comfortable life w.o pain.

So just want to say tnx to everbody that helped me and accepted me in this amazing and friendly community. With my restricted time using computers i will try keel developing my skills mapping coz something that you start to love is really hard to to forget and stop.
    Here i have 4 maps that i made almost all done using my left hand and to say that i will never give up.
    Hope some comments to make it finished
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Valk cópia.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	57023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Larcenia.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	57024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Shangrila.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	57025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Hassun.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	57026  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is a serious blow, and you definitely have my sympathies. I don't know what I'd do if I lost use of my primary hand. On the positive side, those maps look pretty darn good; with time maybe you can transfer most or all talent to your off-hand. Not to mention that with enough therapy maybe you'll be back to 100% with your right. Good luck and don't be a stranger!

I couldn't have said it better than Diamond, and I won't repeat it all... just that these maps are beautiful and have quite distinctive styles that are well accomplished. Somehow I don't think you'll have any trouble with not stopping. And I for one look forward to seeing more of your work around here.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Great to have you back Aquartis, though I am very sorry to here about your hand. Looking at these maps though I'd say that you have made great strides since your first map. It shows great fortitude that you have not only continued to stick to the hobby, but have even managed to refine your techniques while suffering from the limited use of your primary hand. Good on'ya!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

ty for the words guys and i apreciate maybe i not expressed right it is not the end of the world, just changes that i need to learn now, probly my right hand will not get right and need to take care to not kill the left hand too, it is the reality, but tnx everbody here, i used my hands a lots since i started map and now i can keep doing, the diference now will be the speed. Before i spent like 4 hours day studding and testing tutos, now i just can use 15 min per day

Well those are awesome for your left hand. That would make for an interesting challenge but how could we verify everyone used their off hand? I think my work would like like a 4 year old's

I'm glad it sounds like you can get rid of the pain. I just spent the last 4/5 days on my back after doing something to it that I'm hopeful I will recover from. The continuous pain is a serious modifier on what you do in life.

You might find this amazing presentation encouraging: Phil Hansen: Embrace the shake | Video on TED.com
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    That would make for an interesting challenge but how could we verify everyone used their off hand?
    Trust. Ambidexterity would be an interesting challenge.

... "like a 4 year old's" ... also known as Abstract Impressionism.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    You might find this amazing presentation encouraging: Phil Hansen: Embrace the shake | Video on TED.com
    In the end my issue can provide some ideas

ty for the video Jax, i apreciate