Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 25][Location 1] - Hammerfall

Here's an update. Still procrastinating on the docks, but I think the rest is done for the most part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hammerfall02 copy.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	5315  

I think this is looking fab, IG! I really like the forest texture you've gone with and it all hangs together really well. the towers and outer wall may be a bit big, but it looks kind of right to me at that scale.

Blog Entries

Yes its extremely cool - looks just like it come from a Dragon Mag.

Beautiful! There are a couple of places where it looks like the buildings are above the trees.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Wow.. thanks for all that.

I think I've worked out the building-on-top-of-the-trees issue; that proved to be more difficult than it should have. Let me know if you see any that I've missed, I'm going a bit cross-eyed looking at it.

I also added a woodcut effect to the water. I think it adds some flavor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hammerfall02 copy.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	463.8 KB 
ID:	5333  

Blog Entries

Fabulous map...AND... its the first city thats been mapped that has a region and it was almost perfect scale too on both maps. Have some rep !

The second image is your map with a 500ft grid so you can put a scale on it before you get pulled in by the scale police !

Thanks for that. I don't know how it'll look in your ViewingDale since all three maps are different styles, but I'm happy with them. I just need to come up with a name for the city and add a few more things, then add the label to the region and move on to the next city. I'm envisioning something of a collaborative unit between them all--I guess something similar to Ten Towns in the Forgotten Realms. Seems logical to me, anyway.

I was really a bit awestruck when I realized just how big a breadcrumb sized speck on the map really is. And to think, we've got the whole rest of the world yet to go.

Blog Entries

My app will take any style you give it. It might be better if I made a mask for the city map so that it fades out over the sea then the rest of the land would show through but things will progress no doubt anyway,

Yes, its amazing that a city can be about the size of a pixel. Its crazy really. We should have done about 100miles square each I think. Its all about travel really. If you want a party to spend several days on the road then each town must be about 30 miles between each so a map littered with nice places needs to be several hundred miles across.

Lookin good so far tho - keep it up.

Well since it does kind of look like a dinosaur with a bad tooth, you could call the city Snaggleburgh or Dentus or some such.

When I adapted Greyhawk to my Traveller game, I renamed the central body of water the Bullwinkle Sea(with Woolly Bay, Sea of Gearnat and Relmor Bay as the antlers, Jerlea Bay as a possible ear and Azure Sea as the head. I figured some not-altogether-reverent colonist or scout whose first view of the place was from orbit would see it that way. I figured that would stick even after the Fall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast