View Poll Results: If you participate, what would you like to do ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • World /thematic map

8 47.06%
  • Regional map

12 70.59%
  • City/ small location map

7 41.18%
  • Drawing illustrations

6 35.29%
  • Developing information about the world

12 70.59%
  • Writing

12 70.59%
  • Other

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CWBP 2 poll

Question CWBP 2 poll

I would like to know who is interested in a new cooperation project and if so, what you would like to do to contribute. Everyone can participate from professional to beginner, from mapper to writer. All styles would be accepted, although we might need some guidelines.

I always wanted to participate in the old project but could not for different reasons and now it’s closed. Since a bunch of people seems interested, we could create another one. I would like to hear your thought about it also if you think it’s a bad idea and what we could do to improve it. I was told that the last project was abandoned because there was a security issue, so we need to address this problem.

Here’s a summary of what the project is all about:

-Make a complete world map
    -Take a specific region
    -Separate that region so that each person can map a different part
    -Make other maps for cities and small locations

That is the main part but it also come with a lot of writing and descriptions because it makes no sense to just make a map appear out of nowhere. Creating a world is a daunting task but with many people involved, it become much easier.

I already did a map but others can also make one so people might chose their favourite.

PS: Didn't know how to name it.

More than 100 views but only 2 votes? I see...

Well, it's a rather open-ended question about the future. I might do almost any of the above (pretty much everything except the world map to get things started) if (a) I have the time and (b) the project interests me at that time. Until the world takes on some form, it's hard to pick out a part and say "I want to work on that!" Maybe if this proposal had something more than "a world" to its definition it would be easier for potential participants to gauge their interest. Don't assume everyone has been following the threads that led up to this either.

Is this a science fiction or fantasy world?
    If science fiction, how realistic and how high tech?
    If fantasy, is it a round world, a flat world, a hollow earth, or maybe something more exotic?
    If fantasy, what range of magic is suitable? Are there active gods and, if so, of what kind?
    What unifying themes will tie together this patchwork of creativity? (If none, then what overarching reason will the world have for Dark Doomland of the Angst-Ridden Vampires lying in close proximity to Happy Sunshine Teddy Bear Valley?)
    In short, what's the very general framework within which someone would need to work on this world? Without some constraints, you'll get chaos or logical flaws ("Why hasn't the steampunk wizard empire with the martial arts schools of awesomeness conquered this area of rich resources with stone age primitives inhabiting it?"), and whatever you choose with get some people's imaginations going and turn others off.

But lest this sound negative, let me conclude by saying there is a good chance that "If you build it, they will come." Once the project actually gets going, once it is real, it will be taken more seriously, and a more developed form will create more places for people to start building their own creations off of the established roots and actually be working on the collaborative world, rather than creating something and then trying to wedge it into the mix. Working on "a world" isn't exciting -- most of us are already doing that; once there is a particular world developing, there is something to be enthusiastic about.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    what overarching reason will the world have for Dark Doomland of the Angst-Ridden Vampires lying in close proximity to Happy Sunshine Teddy Bear Valley
    As it turns out, Sunshine Teddy Bears are the natural predators of vampires and other sunshine-sensitive undead. The vampires are angst-ridden because of the high predation rates and uncertainty about their future in the face of terrifyingly cheerful raids.

Maybe I saw it the wrong way. I don't know what kind of world it will be since I thought the people that want to get involve should decide. That's supposed to be the idea of a collective project after all. I could just decide everything but then it would be my world not our world and people might feel less involved.

I know there is not much right now but it has only started as I was waiting to have people opinion before going foward. Well, to be honest, some gave their thought so it might be enough.

I'm not saying you have to decide it all yourself; I'm saying it is a bit early to be recruiting for anything other than that initial work, because until it is done, the project is too nebulous for anyone to know if they'll be interested in the more detailed work.

No I was just sarcastic. I'll be working on it and I will update as soon as I'm ready. The other thread.

I'm down for developing info, writing, regional and world map.