Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Earen - A Work In Progress

here we go

TREES:

With this small piece all i did was mesh together alot of them, after i took the eraser to shape my forests after i was done i outlined them with a brush of 2 px, then on layer options i set it to luminosity, duplicated the layer, then set the layer to color with a fill 36%

MOUNTAINS:

This is just an example of the mountains before being blended in, some retouched, some not, i know this is harder then actually making your own set of mountains from scratch but what can i say, its like making a puzzle, all u need to do is re size some of them and you have your mountain ranges.

SNOWY TERRAIN:

I used this texture for the snowy terrain of the north and on top of it all a layer with a fill of 13%, then i used a brush with white to give it the snow effect.

THE LAYOUT:

I made a layer, filled it with white i gave it a stroke of 2 px and used the polygonal lasso tool to cut out the world then with the eraser tool i rounded down some corners and smooth the border of the terrain.

to Toff: Will work on the shades of the coast, i write as a hobby, i pass it around to some friends who i know might enjoy it.

to everyone else: Thank you so much for the feedback i will put it to good use.

truly a stunning map, can't wait to see the finished version, beautiful work.

SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Yeah, what they said... really great looking! Others have already offered critiques, and I have nothing more to add. It looks so much like a real drawing done by an ancient, skilled artist (well... I guess it is a real work of art done by a skilled artist... but you get what I mean) that I thought when I saw the river "why would he draw it that way?" then I realized it was probably because of the way it was done in photoshop instead of by hand...

Keep us posted as you do more

my biggest concern right now is the water... i wont move forward until i get a water texture i like and that blends in with ease, any suggestions on the water will be gratefully appreciated!

I actually like the water. The only thing I'd do is darken it a bit so that the land is emphasized by the contrast.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Ok so i took in some suggestions and modified the map, tried to fixed the river a bit, made water flow into the rift and some other stuff, lets see what feedback i got for this one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earenmaptest1.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	822.1 KB 
ID:	5075  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Very lovely indeed. The sea looks great. It might be nice to break up that huge forest to the SW with something - even just a little more variation in light/shade. Also, I was wondering why some mountin/forest transitions have a stroked line along them and others don't.

Beautiful map! I particularly like the water going into the ravine - nicely done.

Good lord, I just want to create a new campaign setting, using your map, so I have a reason to look at this map every day!

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Very lovely indeed. The sea looks great. It might be nice to break up that huge forest to the SW with something - even just a little more variation in light/shade. Also, I was wondering why some mountin/forest transitions have a stroked line along them and others don't.

Beautiful map! I particularly like the water going into the ravine - nicely done.
    Thank you, i will see what i can do with the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmayl View Post
    Good lord, I just want to create a new campaign setting, using your map, so I have a reason to look at this map every day!
    Go ahead, i didnt post it just to get feedback, anyone is free to use it for personal reasons including campaign settings for their game
    Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Magnificent! It looks ten times better with the new sea.
    Why thank you, hopefully I'll improve on it even more!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast