Thread: Egos - Lands of the Gods

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Lands of the Gods

Hello guys,
    This is more one map that i finish under a hard situation

Kanshur

The legendary kingdom of Kanshur was destroyed by the war of the gods over 500 years bb. This war involving Human and Celestials persisted for more than 100 years leaving behind traces of an ancient empire that never exist.
    For ages the The Broken Wall protected the empire of fearsome conflicts, however the time was going on, the old were dying and the importance of protecting the kingdom was lost.
    Dantas Maire was the last emperor to defend the wall, with his death the priests of Romena lost their support and gradually left the ranks of war. Many believe that the conflict had not purpose, today one can say that they were right, because to this day, no one can say which side won the war.

Valvaria

Veronica Tiskha flew with their own wings with 10 years. Her armor blessed by the blood of the gods developed very early, giving her the right to the throne of the house of Valhalla at 20 years old. Not many is known of the nature of the Valkyries, ecepty the fact of being led by a board of nine Amazons who together the Queen, persevere in prayer and holding steady one mysterious vote and gloomy pact playback.
    Only 9 women together with the Queen can keep the lineage of the Valkyries. Distributed in 3 houses, the " Aura Council", as they are known, govern this blessed land with distance from the damned lands of Kanshur.

Ekenha

Heirs of Celestial connected with earth, the Hobbits were able to establish their domains free of oppression of the family Hirkanovik. Allies Fagacea, the Hobbits of Ekenha engage in the search for their origins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Valk cópia.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	57405  

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Great job on that! The mountains and forests look really nice. Not sure about the rivers, they are a bit too wide and smooth to fit with the rest, I think… but it's a wonderful map regardless. Very cool font too.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

this is very nice - very simple but effective, as are the muted colours.

Probably my favorite piece of your work thus far! Great to see you back in action. EDIT: Damn, can't rep you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

What Vorro said! Nice job though I'm not convinced by the rivers width and shapes

Thanks a lots guys, i recognize the points said about shape and rivers. But this map i experienced 3 features that i not used before, of steps that friends said to observe and improve:

1 - Masks (Photoshop): i used a lots and started to see and undertand how it work, now i have a lots of new possibilities working in backgounds, styling my lines and fonts.
    2 - Borders: was my first attempt to create a complex map border, not just putting elements and hopping it fit with my map, no, this time i found elements, and worked to fit with map, not counting with lucky or trys
    3 - Draw in the map: I used to work all my map in one file, after this, just copying and merging to other file with templates. For this map, i just have my shape and finished icons in the final file. Icons, fonts everthing was created in the map, just after i get the desired shape, i worked to finish in other file.

For me was a great progression saying about knowledge experience and happy for the Masters said great things about this map
    tnx for the "Reps" and "Likes"
    Last edited by aquarits; 09-03-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: fixing typos

the font used was:

handwriting-draft_free-version

I tried PM Cashio but looks like he exceed the PM limit lol

Did I? ... Guess I need to clean out my PM folders. Thanks for the font answer aquarits!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram