• Principality of Al Senia - By justMANGO

10 35.71%
  • Avayevnon - By Seraphine_Harmonium

4 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August Challenge Voting - Redraw an Old Map

Post August Challenge Voting - Redraw an Old Map

This month's challenge was to redraw one of your former maps to see how far you have come. We have several wonderful entries this month:

Please vote for your favorite map(s), and be sure to be generous about repping those who participated in the challenge. The voting will last for 4 days and the winner will receive a golden compass and the praise, admiration and envy of his peers. May the best map win.

OK, I'm going to be stupid..... Normally I would vote for 2 maps in a small group like this, but they are all fantastic maps that all have a huge improvement over the original map, so I am voting for all of them. I know that doesn't help select a winner, sorry. The one rule I have that I won't violate is I won't vote for my map. Good luck to everyone,,,Great Maps!

Put in my votes as well. And as virtue and good sportsmanship demands, no vote from me went to myself. Good luck everyone!
    Here's a link to my deviantART, because I haven't got better things to write here (yet).

That's a very difficult choice, because all of the maps are simply gorgeous.

Finally I decided not to vote on which new map impressed me most, but where, in my opinion, the the most improvement could be seen.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

My votes went to Bogie; Larb and Sapiento. Overall, nice entries and Just Mango will have some rep aswell (when I'll be able to do it )
    Last edited by - Max -; 09-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.

I agree, this is a tough one to vote on. It seems that there are at least two equally good scales of assessment one could use here. On the one hand, one could go with the piece(s) that they find most aesthetically pleasing or skillfully done. On the other hand, one could base their vote on which pieces they see the most improvement on. Either of these are perfectly legitimate methods, but I myself am going to go with the second. Given that, I chose to vote for Larb's Port Kullan and Bogie's Blacksmith Redux. In both cases it is inspiring to see just how far the skills of these cartographers have come. I was also quite taken with justMango and Sapiento's pieces, though I think that the difference in skill level from the first and second pieces was not as great (since their first versions were still pretty lovely). Great job to everyone though.

EDIT: just gave out a ton of rep but still not able to hit up justMANGO or Sapiento, sorry guys.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 09-02-2013 at 04:33 AM.

All the maps are good in this one but I usually stick to a three-votes only rule. I would like to vote for them all so it was very hard to choose. A shame we didn't get more entries as I enjoyed seeing the old and the new maps everyone submitted.

I couldn't rep Mango either as I'd repped him not so long ago.

Lots of reps goes from me to all the guys. Good job and good luck to everyone.
    Here's a link to my deviantART, because I haven't got better things to write here (yet).

Bogie and lostatsea got my votes, because I can see their progress directly. The other maps are also fantastic.

Congrats to Larb! Fantastic Map!! Everyone had great maps, but you excelled with a great hand drawn village.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast