Thread: City of Aloria

Guild Novice

Default City of Aloria

Hey guys! This is my first post here.

This is a map of a city I drew several years ago. It's part of a larger world which I have mapped out, including detailed maps of several other cities!
    Please let me know what you think and if you want to see more!

The quality of the picture is pretty crappy since I had to scan it in parts and then piece them together... I'm gonna try my hand at learning photoshop sooner or later so that I can reimagine my maps in greater detail!

Here goes.
    Welcome to Aloria.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aloria.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	57434

Guild Adept

It looks very nice, and a believable layout too. Perhaps it could use a little more precision when seen at 100% size. Maybe you could ink it, or retouch it digitally.
    I'd definitely like to see more, have some rep.

Welcome to the Guild - and thank you for contributing substantive content right from the start! That's worth a smidgen of rep, then the map is actually quite nice. Do show us more, please.

Tell us about your world - is it to support writing, or gaming, or just for the fun of worldbuilding?

Guild Novice

Hey, thanks! I've never written any stories or made any games, it's just for the fun of making worlds. Since I was quite young I realized I just love staring at maps, and had to make my own. It's pretty much the only thing I can draw as well

Bearsandbeets, Aloria looks really fantastic. I love cities that are divided by rivers or that use rivers as a primary design element. I really hope that you do take the time to reimagine this city map with more detail/size.