Thread: Skilled writer seeking an equally skilled cartographer for fantasy map!

Default Skilled writer seeking an equally skilled cartographer for fantasy map!

EDIT: Already found a person to work with! I don't know how to change the header.

After giving giving it the ol college try, I've decided that mapmaking isn't quite my forte. The few maps I have attempted ended in tragedy or terribly, laughably deformed. I would love the chance to work with a talented, passionate cartographer to build the world that, right now, only consists of words (and a lame sketch in paint!).

Subject

And now, what you've all been waiting for... the lame sketch in paint!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lytebasic.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	57442
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LyteAlpha2.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	57441

The second picture is my attempt in photoshop to work on the basic area of the map as well as its shoreline. The world itself is made up of one supercontient Pangaea tentatively named "Lyte". The continent contains three superpowers, all whose borders are loosely defined in the first picture. Once I have met the right cartographer, we will be able to go into much more detail!

Style

I'm looking for a parchment-style map with perhaps some basic coloring.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...ap-nehwon6.jpg

I'm actually not that picky on the style! If you've got your own flair, just send me some examples of your work to see if anything clicks.

Quality & Size

The work should be professional or semi-professional. If I wanted a beginner's map, I could just use my own!
    Right now, the novel I am writing is personal, though I may one day seek to have it published. In that case, it should be easily scaled into a book. I trust you when it comes to the size! We could even discuss it later if you wish.

Time Constraints

Loose time constraints. As I said, this is for a personal story at the moment!

Copyright

All I ask for is the reproduction rights, just in case I ever wish to publish. The copyright stays with the cartographer.

Contact Details

Please contact me at Cpottzy---@---hotmail.com with examples of your work and price range! If the price range is negotiable, let me know and we can discuss it.
    Last edited by Mazzyrazzy; 09-06-2013 at 02:44 PM.