Thread: More city maps, most of them unfinished

Guild Novice

Default More city maps, most of them unfinished

Some more maps of cities in the same universe as Aloria. Posting a map of the overworld in the regionmaps forum.

For some reasons I can't upload the pictures directly so here's a link to an imgur album.
    Maps - Imgur

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

I like these! I especially like Brennhaven! My compliments!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Novice

Thanks a lot! Yeah Brennhaven is one of my favorites as well!

Aloria Reminds me of Paris

I like that the cities vary not just by layout, but also by the way the architecture is setup (courtyards versus cramped, jumbled vs planned). Definitely gives character to them.

I'm intrigued as to why you chose to keep most of the bay in Brennhaven surrounded by park as opposed to being heavily developed (wharfs, docks, warehouses, what have you). Seems to me that there is significant economic potential in a good deepwater port, and there must be a really interesting story behind why that city has foregone it. Great work!

great samples

Yea, these are really interesting city plans. Nice work!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Guild Novice

Hey, and thank you! That's a really interesting question, Pilgrim, and it got me thinking... My conclusion is that I made a mistake. I was pretty young when I drew these and my knowledge about how cities work was pretty limited. I guess it is pretty dumb to have the port in open water with no natural or artificial harbor. So yeah, if I had drawn this map today it would probably have looked different!
    Last edited by Bearsandbeets; 10-15-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Bearsandbeets, having just looked at Aloria it was great to see another thread filled with your designs. I think of this bunch I enjoy Westcairn the most, probably because it also features a river prominently in its design. And I agree with Pilgrim: I really enjoy that your maps all have different layouts in a way that gives each city its own flavor or feeling. You are extremely talented in letting your maps begin to tell the story of your setting.