Thread: Greetings and a question.

Question Greetings and a question.

Hello,

I'm a gamer, or at least I used to be, but real life tends to get in the way as I'm sure all of you know.

I've had a copy of CC3 for a few years now and have mostly just played around with it. I recently contributed to gameprinter's kickstarter and can't wait to get my hands a bit dirtier!

I've been sifting through the content (lots of content!) and came across a map that I wanted to show my wife, but now I can't re-find the map.

It was a hand-drawn map of a real world setting... Easten Europe perhaps? There was water (a sea?) to the southeast, and a mountain range that ran from nw to se. Forests all around with a valley between mountain ranges. The symbols for the cites were subtle, being small concentric circles. I believe he finally ended up slightly shading them with a subtle rose color.

The author was a painter perhaps, and was working on shading the map with watercolor.

The map was in a thread that was showing a timetable of his progression. He would get some feedback from the folks on this site do some work, show his latest etc.

Can anyone help me out?

If you can add in about how long ago this was and if you know whether it was a current or dead thread (as in if it was active at the time you were looking at it or it was years old) that might really help. There are not too many real world locations done on here since most of us are making maps for game worlds so that should help. Of course, if it's not really a map of Eastern Europe that bit could throw us off. If was a post holocaust type map that also narrows things down quite a bit..I'd start with Sapiento or Diamond since they seem to do the bulk of those lately. Also, searching for "watercolor" if the words were used in the WIP thread will help.

Again, if you can give a range of months around the time you viewed it that should help.

Anyway, welcome to the guild it's a great place to get your map geek on!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I recently joined CG, so I would have viewed the map within the last two weeks or so. It might have been up to 6 pages deep on any of the sub-forums (starting from most recent posts).

I am not certain about the eastern europe thing, but I do know that there was a vast body of water to the southeast (the map border to the se was entirely water). I guess that water could have been the Black sea, Caspian or Mediteranean. The map was NOT of the Americas, China, Africa, etc.

Hah!

Nevermind! I got it. It wasn't a real map at all, just had some latinish names.

EDIT: It was Lingon's map, and it is based on reality after all. It's a beautiful piece of art.
    Last edited by seycyrus; 09-06-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: clarification

Welcome to the Guild seycyrus, glad you found what you were looking for!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh