Thread: Mine with Cart Track

Post Mine with Cart Track

Hey!

While I've been mostly consumed with my other larger regional map, as it turns out I still need to finish maps for my next game! Below is one I put together for my next D&D game. Below are the rules I'm using for them in case anyone is interested.

I made it using various tile sets, objects, and textures slapped together in photoshop. If you're interested to know where I got them from, just ask, I'd be happy to share.

Enjoy!

---------------------------
    1) Moving between carts counts as difficult terrain
    2) Only two persons a cart is possible
    3) Starting your turn in the same cart as another person, forces you to loose your standard action
    4) Moving over 100ft a round, 90 degree turns = DC15 Balance
    3) Kneeling provides 1/2 Cover for Medium creatures (+4 AC) (+2 On Ranged Attacks, -2 On Melee Attacks)
    4) Laying prone provides full cover
    5) Switches are tiny AC12. A minimum of 1 damage is required to "switch" them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cart.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	5074  

Guild Novice

This looks like a fun adventure. I wish I were in your group :-).

Did you make tokens for the switches and bends in the track?

Some minor complaints. On the far east, the only section of the track that goes that side of the map, it doesn't go off the edge. Unless you're supposed to fall of there?

Shadows. Your shadows don't make sense, at least from a light source that's coming from under the tracks. The tracks are suspended, at least that's what I think when I look at it. If the light is coming from under the tracks, the tracks should still be dark, but underneath them it should be light from the source. I'm pretty sure that's how shadows work... no flashlight to try it out here. :-/

If the light sources were supposed to be above the track, then the shadows in the top left should lead off the map.

Nothing else that I can see :-).

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's great. may have to lift that, and the rules, for a mine based adventure I'm running - yes I've just started a 1st level game again!

On the light: Yeah I noticed the shadows were a little wacky. I was having trouble thinking of a way to convey that the tracks are above the ground, while keeping the light sources below. So I fudged it a little with some unexplainable shadows. (PS: That track does just drop off.)

On the tracks: The tracks I took from a user made Dunjinni set, and unfortunately they didn't always line up, so I had to bend and distort a few of the corners (thus why they are a little clunky in parts).

Feel free to use the map as you wish. I can post the psd if you'd like.