Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP the heptarchy of Seferedh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Wip WIP the heptarchy of Seferedh

Taking a break during some commissioned works, and for changing from Oraven's style, that I'm doing a lot lately, here's a new work in progress, the Heptarchy of Seferedh.
    The map is 23x33". First step with land shape, coastlines and a scale border.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sephered.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	57553

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I already like it, just based on the land shapes. Has anyone ever told you that you give good landshape, Max?

Love your work and all your different styles. Can't wait to see how this develops!

I second what Diamond said...your landshapes have a good flow.
    It will be interesting to see where you go with this. A new style in development?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks guys
    @ Diamond : not as good as yours, who are always inspiring!
    @ Eilathen : I will be interested to know where I am going with it aswell

Anyway, updated with border, rhumblines and compasses.

Name:	Sephered2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	57560

I love it already !
    Your borders are just the kind I like : not to complex/present and pretty nevertheless. I got to say that I'm impress of the way you do your coastlines.

Does the heptarchy cover the north and south bank, as a nation built around a trading sea?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I like the land forms too. The rhumblines make it look like a polar view. My one crit is about that rose at the bottom left...what with it being partially under the land, it causes both the rose and the land to be obscured. Maybe moving it a bit north or west would help.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks !
    @ Ilanthar : the heptarchy consists, as its name indicates it, of seven kingdoms (3 in north and 4 in south), divided and at war in the past. Faced with the threat of bloodthirsty pirates nations of the Western Empire Sirsk, the kingdoms were united a few decades ago by the King of Darien and becamethe heptarchy of Seferedh. Only the central archipelago remains a free country, but coveted because of the presence of veins in Vaernor in the close seabed. The Vaernor is supposed to contain the souls of the gods, killed by their own offspring, the Titans Sepher, shortly after the creation of the world. Anyone would manage to forge the Vaernor would dispose of artifacts that can unleash the power of the ancient gods of Sephered. That at least is what the legend says ...
    @ Korash : Yes I had mixed thoughts about i aswell, I moved it north west

New update with main mountains ranges, rivers and kingdom borders on the north part of the heptarchy. Also tested out the main political labels. (rhumblines are temporarily removed)

Name:	Sephered3.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	57581
    Last edited by - Max -; 09-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.

This looks wonderful already, Max. I'm going to greatly enjoy watching this develop. Curious to see where it decides to go... besides my favorites folder, of course. Hey, question... Did you create the border components yourself or did you find them somewhere interesting on the web?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Thanks much Chasio I took some borders components from old maps (the corners and the middle bars ornaments) then drawn the lines, emulating some old french cartographer frames

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast