Thread: Greetings from Denmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Post Greetings from Denmark

Hi everyone,

My name is Flemming and I come from Denmark.

I've been a rpg gamer since the late 80's and have always admired the maps that were published with the MERP role playing books and on different web sites.
    For years I've thought about learning how to make my own maps and I finally decided to give it a shoot.

I'm still what you might call a newbie at this map drawing and my 10 year old daughter is properly better at free hand drawing than I am, so i hope to get a lot or ideas for my maps and especially some tips and trick how to do things.

I decided to use Photoshop which seems to be used by most people.

Kind regards
    Flemming

Welcome to the Guild Flemming! Well the nice thing about the Guild is that it is composed of members of all different skill levels and we are all here to help each other improve in the craft. The best place to start is the tutorials section. There are loads of helpful tutorials written for Photoshop, so pick a few you like an start experimenting. Once you are ready to begin, start a WIP thread and ask for feedback. This is a good way to make early course corrections and learn new tips and tricks. Best wishes.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Welcome Flemming!
    Indeed, we have a wide range of skill levels here and you can only get better with practice right?
    Photoshop is a pretty solid choice!
    -Viking