Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lands of the Grand Circuit

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

You never disappoint me. Another great Map for my Diamond Atlas Folder.

Do you ever plan on doing a series of Maps in the same world? You did revisions of your worlds before, but I tend to lost the overview about so many dying worlds. Maybe a Map of your Worlds would be cool, with little infos about them, next to each other. Like amn old School Map with spheres from other dimensions

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Wut? All Diamonds maps on a megaworld map? Would be awesome

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Its a great map. Was looking for some information like you got here.

Can you answer me the reason to not use the lines to show the roads, like you did for airships and railroads? (i am doing a map using both info, and need technical support )

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

The problem with doing a series of maps in the same world is that I either lose interest or become dissatisfied with a particular map. I really, really, really do want to attempt a conworld atlas at one point before I die though.

@aquarits: I was going to add major roads in, but ran out of steam before I could get to it. I may add them in though.

Wouldn't that be all kinds of awesome though? I've thought about it myself. But my issue would be keeping the map style consistent throughout the atlas... hmm. I'm afraid mine would come out looking a bit drunk on account of experimentation being way too much fun! mwahahaha
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think I could probably get a consistent style, since I'm pretty much dedicated to digital art over pen-and-ink; it'd just be a matter of documenting the steps I use in enough detail to replicate the effect. The hardest part is always matching up the edges.

I would love LOVE LOVE to see an atlas from you in the style you used on those Wyn maps, Chashio...

If you're going to do compendiums & atlas of your maps, I'll say : open a new section "awesome atlases"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I think I could probably get a consistent style, since I'm pretty much dedicated to digital art over pen-and-ink; it'd just be a matter of documenting the steps I use in enough detail to replicate the effect. The hardest part is always matching up the edges.
    Start with a big picture and section it into pieces, like a writer making an outline prior to starting the actual writing. And keep a latitude/longitude grid layer for each map that you can switch on and off when needed. Edges will have a better chance of lining up with a well-defined plan. Documenting the steps is a good idea. Also maybe bringing along a group of maps in stages... though that may be more tedious than one at a time. (that was a lot of tiny trees to draw on just the map of Callis)

I would love LOVE LOVE to see an atlas from you in the style you used on those Wyn maps, Chashio...
    I would really like to do a project of that sort. In any style really. That would TRULY be a gifted opportunity... a dream to work on! Trying to figure out a way to go about it so that there's a product(s) at the end of it all that enough people would want to buy and make the time spent on it worth something more than enjoyment of the process... something useful for gaming maybe (I have NO experience with gaming which doesn't help), but on a quality and scale for wall art as well. Been thinking of maybe asking around about collaboration possibilities. I'd also like to make some prints available of pieces like my WIP acrylic map, (I started another one too, 16x12 in a somewhat different style ) though I'm pretty sure there'd not be much interest in such random maps, no matter how much I love creating them. And now I've gone and completely hijacked your beautiful thread. Sorry.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hey Chashio, thats exactly Why i wanted to do the Midland Maps!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

@aquarits: I was going to add major roads in, but ran out of steam before I could get to it. I may add them in though.
    Oh ok. Just wanted to see with roads, railroads, flight tracks and other type of annotations my map got a lil messed, but guess i fixed it.
    But i am always tunned in your maps probly i see one with tons of transportation information

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast