Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lands of the Grand Circuit

Amazing work Diamond! I really enjoy this one. It is odd to have rail lines, blimp lines and no roads as but I still think it is an excellent map anyways The idea of an atlas would be neat too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Basically, I did it that way because road travel just isn't very safe in most places. For merchants, sea and air travel is THE mode of travel. The rail lines are used for military transport for the most part, especially in the Sarantine Empire, where heavily armed trains travel from the silver mines to the capital. Only in Orubeth, the southern parts of the empire, and some small areas of the eastern republics are there well-maintained roads.

The atmosphere and setting is in some ways reminiscent of King's Dark Tower; most people are starting to become very insular and almost xenophobic, not traveling far from their homes as society, law, and order start to break down.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Sounds like an interesting setting. What are you doing with all this worlds beside mapping?

I'm a writer; most maps I make are in service of that in some way. I've started doing some character sketches, small scenes/dialogues, and a primitive glossary for this world.

This is really interesting. With the Cross pattée for your city symbols and one of your states named Kant, it almost has a German feel to it, though I doubt that was your intention, and that particular cross is, at any rate, not only a German thing. Well done.

Guild Novice

Have you considered making a map of this area expressly for resource centers and vehicle manufacture sites? I'd like to see it.

A resource map's not a bad idea... I'll think on it.

Guild Novice

impressive.

Wow, what a wonderful map! You have put a lot of thought into the storyline behind this I think! I love the trade theme, I also think the scale is very realistic! I know that technique for making mountains can be difficult, but I think you did it very well. A very gentle color pallet too, it was very expressive, more so than any of the words on the map.

Thanks for the kind words!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast