Thread: Lands of the Grand Circuit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Lands of the Grand Circuit

Here's something I worked on over the last few days. It's another declining or dying world, where technology is breaking down (and maybe magic is too). Imagine a fusion of Byzantine and Japanese cultures combined with the Old West and a bit of RE Howard/Fritz Lieber sword & sorcery. This is a world where trade leagues operate airship lines that travel thousands of miles across barren continents, where gunslinging outlaws face off against paladins in steam-powered armor, where necromantic cults travel the wastelands in landships powered by human souls.

This map/idea kind of crept up on me; I've got this story fragment swirling around in my head about the wife and son of an sky-trader trying to track him down when he goes missing and running into all kinds of trouble and political intrigue. The idea grew firm enough roots where it demanded that I map it. I tried to give it the feel of a 19th century American West map; don't know if I was entirely successful, but I kind of like how it turned out.

I used a couple of the same names from the Lands of Bronze map that I finished recently, mainly because I like the way they sound. Map was created in photoshop; fonts used were Codex (for the title), Optimus Princeps (for the nation names), and Vijaya for everything else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrandCircuit.jpg 
Views:	895 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	57637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrandCircuit2.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	57665  
    Last edited by Diamond; 09-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.