Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July Challenge: The four Haskwood Canifers

This is looking spectacular, Redrobes!!! More bits....more bits and pieces in the bar!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    ...more bits and pieces in the bar!!
    She canna take it cap'n she gonna blow...

What do you think I should add ? It has to be prominent and look good from above as thats what I am concentrating on for the 2D map. Lots of people would be nice... and totally impossible with my setup & lack of character models.

Sod the good looking from above! Tallow candles on the tables, a few wargs in the corner, by a roaring fire! A rack with weapons upon it, dirty rugs or sawdust, a few barrels dripping ale, a spit with roasting meat upon the fire....that sort of thing.

Blog Entries

Yeah I was afraid you say something like that

Candles I could model in a flash - quick lathe job easy. But you would want them lit right ? Well this app seems to go progressively slower for each light source. I happen to have a dogs head here ! (Labrador I think... mneh ! Vicious killer labradors anyone ????). I wonder if I could dig that out and make a plaque for it and mount it on the wall ? Giant beat t'wer (naturally). Weapons do look great in 3D but rarely so from above - I know I know but its all the effort... rugs I was going to do for the other rooms in the top down view. And sawdust ? This aint no spit n sawdust joint y'know...

I'll see what I can do. Getting late again tho.

Blog Entries

Yeeeeeessss !!! I never chuck anything out. A LLLong (x 10^6) time ago I made a 3D model of a lizard man and it still exists ! Hah hah.... Right ass kickin'.

How about stuffed lizard man heads along a wall with saber tooth labradors - ugh, I mean saber toothed hell hounds - yeah !

Ole Brian shall be resurrected to march for glory once more.

Oh check that out. Bit ropey old texture map there - might have to put a new paint job on him what with newer tools. CPU when I did this was probably a 486. Magic. LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	5190  

Of course my favorite bit is the scale of the Haskwood Canifers, massive and eld, looks like a place Lemur and Bumblemouse would come together to catch up over a good steeped pot of Shorn Tea, you do keep a kettle on, don't you, for discerning guests..
    Absolutely grand, as Wallace says.
    SeerBlue and Bumblemouse
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeerBlue View Post
    Of course my favorite bit is the scale of the Haskwood Canifers, massive and eld
    You should like this next pic then. This is from the table under the bowl. Put some refractive index on so it should have looked better - I think it does but it still does not look like great glass. Anyway, this is for any player who says - Whats that in the middle...

Name:	SaveRender_005_small.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	716.4 KB 
ID:	5208  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 07-13-2008 at 07:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Ok for the outside and plan views again. Here are the base maps for the 2 levels + roof for putting it into a city map. You can use the 3 maps in conjunction in a VTT by using the roof as a kind of fog of war. Lift off the roof when you want to go inside.

Will be looking for ideas about what to put in the blank rooms. I think the 'Alcoves' set would probably have very little in them. A few benches maybe and a table. The 'Proprietors quarters' needs filling out a bit tho. Will put some straw and horses in the stables too.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	SaveRender_010_small.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	1,011.8 KB 
ID:	5209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaveRender_011_small.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	952.8 KB 
ID:	5210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaveRender_012_small.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	954.0 KB 
ID:	5211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaveRender_013_small.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	5212  

Love the fireflys, oddly enough it fits well with a tell I wrote for Lemur and Bumblemouse, which needed a home, so I moved some of it to a forest of Haskwood Canifers after you started your thread,,,,in the tell there is a bit of fluorescence, though it be the Naim that flouresce, I will post it to Snapgallows when it is done being polished, or close enough.

It's moving along great, I am amazed at the little details, like the edge of the bar,,sweet.

Figuring out what bits of detail for character is a bit of a job isn't it, every ale house or tavern needs some tankards and kegs, and perhaps a scalieskin rug.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Hmmm, interesting
    ˙ƃuıuɹoɯ sıɥʇ sǝunɹ ǝʌısoldxǝ pǝɹɐdǝɹd ı

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast