Thread: Resource map icons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Resource map icons

I posted on a general post discussion but was not aware there is a specific section for map elements so I appologies for a double posting and if an Administrator sees this could you please delete NOT this one but the one in general discussion.

I am looking for resource icons like stone, marble, wood, gold, wool e.t.c. ? If you know a good source or set of brushes could you please post a link.

Thanks in advance.

USGS simply uses letter codes for natural resources, with the presentation indicating the level of exploitation at a particular site.
    USGS Minerals Information: Mineral Map Symbols and Legend

The Adobe Carta font may have other symbols that are useful. I know for sure it has the typical mine symbol (crossed pickaxes).

I used some alchemical symbols for silver and copper on a map once, but I had to custom make the brushes from images. I unfortunately lost the source files for that map in a hard drive crash a while back, though. Obviously, that one required a detailed legend to interpret the symbols.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Thanks I was thinking more "medievaly" looking ones like they do is Settlers or CIV. I'm just looking for cool icon set for inspiration for self made icons.