Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: September 2013 Entry - The Crimson Permanent Assurance

Default September 2013 Entry - The Crimson Permanent Assurance

Hope I get to finish this one....

When I saw the challenge topic, one "landship" immediately came to mind. The building from "The Crimson Permanent Assurance" short.

For those not familiar it about an accounting firm in England that overthrows their new owners, the "Very Big Corporation of America" (a recent takeover), and weighs anchor, setting off, attacking big corporations as they "sail the wide accountan-cy" .

I'm planning to do this in a spelljammer style, flushing out the areas of the building not showed in the movie with what one would expect on a pirate ship, especially one envisioned by Monty Python (so I plan to add in MP references thoughout - such as the Department of Redundancy Department, and the Argument Clinic.

I got a good start by sketching out scale views of the building by ripping several dozen frames out of the video as reference.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cpa.png 
Views:	385 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	57689

-Rob A>

And now for something entirely different!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	historic-structure.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	57694
    Last edited by Bogie; 09-12-2013 at 06:18 PM.

That's a lot of floors to map out. How does this building move? Does it have wheels like my silly picture or is it on rails?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    That's a lot of floors to map out. How does this building move? Does it have wheels like my silly picture or is it on rails?
    My guess would be rocket propulsion, or are those just outer columns in level 1? At any rate, I like where this is going.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    It is sail propulsion. No rails. Seems to be a flat botom. Unless you have seen the short this will make no sense as it is a tad fantastical.....So....(they weigh anchor at around 5:30)

-Rob A>

AhHa, now I understand!

Oh.
    My.
    Goodness.

I shall never look upon crusty old British accountants the same again.

I wonder what kind of land speed the Sydney Opera House would get? And whether a mezzo soprano outguns a weaponized five-drawer filing cabinet...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Rob, this deserves some rep just on the subject matter alone. I LOVE that skit. True and Pure Monty Python
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast