Thread: Hi all

Default Hi all

Hi there. Looking forward to a little constructive feedback on my work and opportunities to learn a few tricks.

Anyone know what the turnover is on posts being approved (and, more importantly, what the threshold is for this going away)? I made a WIP post earlier in the day, but I have no idea if it's even pending, since there's no indication in my post history and no hidden thread to view in the forum in which it was posted. I'm not even 100% sure if it was, in fact, posted.

Edit: And since this post auto-posted, I don't even know what to think. Does this subforum auto-allow any group to post without moderator approval? Can a mod confirm whether my abovementioned post was eaten by a grue before I try to repost it (I tried to post in the Sci-Fi maps forum). I'd shoot a PM, but spambot rules have me a bit shackled here.
    Last edited by Maveritchell; 09-13-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Ah yessss...our antispambotbodies...yessss

To answer your questions in order, posts that are in the mod queue get checked when a CL can get around to checking it out (usually within a day). RL kinda has a bit to do with that...And it usually takes 5 posts to get rid of that, and for the spambot reasons that you mentioned. One way to avoid posts being modded is to refrain from posting offsite links. We are capable of hosting images here at The Guild and it automatically posts a thumbnail of that image. You get to the image posting window by starting a post and clicking the "Go Advanced" button and then clicking the Paper Clip. Just follow the instructions from there....

Now, I have approved your other post so yes it was posted, just modded. The post above had no links, and nothing suspicious in the text so it was automatically approved. Some such posts are not, and we are not too sure as to why. The 5 posts cures that though. The 5 posts also clears you to send and receive PMs.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    One way to avoid posts being modded is to refrain from posting offsite links. We are capable of hosting images here at The Guild and it automatically posts a thumbnail of that image. You get to the image posting window by starting a post and clicking the "Go Advanced" button and then clicking the Paper Clip. Just follow the instructions from there....
    Thanks, and normally I'd just use a solution like that, but this was a series of a couple dozen images that I'd already had uploaded to albums somewhere else - I figured post clutter is bad, and a few external links is a lot more clean than a bevy of inset images. Regardless, thanks for the clarity on the particulars of your queue setup here.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

and for some reason THAT post got modded... :/

And you are welcome, and I am a bit late with the Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web thing too
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent