Thread: My first maps -- regions for my Pathfinder campaign

Default My first maps -- regions for my Pathfinder campaign

Howdy Cartographer's Guild folks!

I've recently finished a few maps for different adventures in my Pathfinder campaign. I do not claim to be a photoshop master... Just a GM that wants my own digital maps. I'm posting to get feedback and some tips on how to improve my work, so your opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Benthia copy.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	57360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1_Neskorr.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	57361  

First of all: welcome to the Guild, and congratulations for posting your maps in your very first post here.

I am in two minds about your maps.
    The basic landscape - terrain, forests, mountains - are very well done. The only point of criticism here would be that the forests and the mountains seem to be lit from different sides. For consistency's sake you should fix that.
    The other elements in the map though - rivers, roads and borders especially - seem to be a very quick and very sloppy addition on these maps.
    The rivers should at least get a small bevel, to fit the style of the rest of the map. Roads and borders look extremely blocky and digital in this version. You could try to use a softer brush to draw linear shapes like that. Or, what in my opinion would fit the style better, use a more abstract way of depicting these features, by using dotted or slashed lines.

Its great to be able to find maps for the Pathfinder rpg. The maps here I can use for player handouts and not give away the locations.