Thread: World of Kesumi and Greater Arafran

Wip World of Kesumi and Greater Arafran

This is the latest update on my world and continent. I am almost satisfied with the world map, but still have a lot of detailing to do on the continental map.

What is frustrating me is that the color of green that I use in the map converts over to a much brighter green when I convert it to JPG. I guess that I am going to have to change my color so that it will look better. It is frustrating!

I have reduced both of these by about 25% to keep the file a little smaller. When I post the final product, I will do them at full size because the file isn't too terribly large.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World of Kesumi Large.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	5143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	North Arafran.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	623.4 KB 
ID:	5144  

As always, incredible! You just hit all the right spots in my mapping-book

Would you be willing to share your Photoshop or Gimp (?) files with me? I think I will use this World for my roleplaying needs (if I have your permission, of course!).

Cheers
    Eilathen
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Wow, now that's a great compliment! I can send you the Photoshop files. I am still working on them, but I can send what I have now if you would like, or I can send them as I get them a little further along.

That's one sweet map. I want to be able to do that.

The Miriathian and Alactic Seas are a really good imitation of the Mediterranean and Black Seas without actually being them. Two things I like in a map is a good San Fransisco-style ria and a mediterranean.

So do you have a tutorial up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    Wow, now that's a great compliment! I can send you the Photoshop files. I am still working on them, but I can send what I have now if you would like, or I can send them as I get them a little further along.
    Well, you're welcome Those maps just click with me.

Whatever you feel like sharing with me, I gladly take. I will certainly also redownload all your detail-maps you have uploaded here. So really, it is up to you...if you're willing to share your ps-files (of the world and/or detail-maps) i'd feel honored and if you want to keep me up to date, even better! If it's too much hassle, i can understand that as well
    You know what i realized just yet? That the one map you did in that hand-drawn style is also from this world...nice!

BTW, do you "only" map this world or are you also writing up the nations with history and all that? If so, it would be very interesting how you, the creator, envisions this world!

Cheers
    Eilathen
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

I have been working on this world since the late 80s. At one time I had envisioned myself to be the next great fantasy author, so I wrote a story, and developed my world. As I wrote the story, I continued to create the background and layout. It just grew from there.

I originally started with a small hand-drawn map of the area that is the kingdoms (the northern side of the Miriathian Sea). I then drew in the whole continent. I bought a large sheet of hex paper from my hobby store. It was a large 11"x17" made by "The Armory" I drew out the map there.

Later I bought the original Campaign Cartographer. I then put it in that. Within the last few years I decided to add the rest of the world.

I have details on everything in the NE part of the continent, and a little on the west, but the others are just ideas that I have.

I have my history and religion all mapped out. The story that I originally wrote deals with an era that would now be considered the ancient past.

I will soon be doing a website for my campaign world.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    I will soon be doing a website for my campaign world.
    You might consider using one of the various Wiki's for your campaign world.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This sounds great, landorl!

I hope you will show it to us. I had a "write a novel"-project as well (it is on hold for a long time now...i think its dead unfortunately )...and i am always interested to see what other aspiring authors produce.
    The development of the world would be of interest for everything rpg-related, of course.

I hope we will see your website soon (or maybe you can post some stuff in here or on the sister-site CBG).

Eilathen
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Link

Sorry for the slow response, but I have been quite busy lately. I have started a thread over at the Campaign Builders Guild. Right now I only have the creation myth there, but I will add the history later today. http://www.thecbg.org/e107_plugins/f...ic.php?52261.0

Oh, the stories I could write with just that one title "the empire of the Wolfmen". And an Island nation next door to boot!