Thread: A short introduction and greetings

Default A short introduction and greetings

Hello everyone,

my name is Pijus and I come from Lithuania. I'm currently beginning my PhD studies in political economy and I also teach some politics related disciplines at the university. Apart from the love of maps, political economy and statistics, I'm also interested in the history (especially, the Middle Ages), literature, music, languages, birds and some other things as well.
    As for my relationship with maps, well, I've always loved those beautifully drawn ones, being handdrawn or with a little help of new technologies, doesn't matter. I guess, the first one that got me really hooked was Tolkien's Middle-Earth and then those old Medieval-Renaissance-Enlightenment eras' maps, as well as fantasy ones. So, tried to draw something myself (hand, no computer), and managed to create a couple of sketches. Yet, since then I've largely forgotten the art (wasn't really good at it, to be honest) and moved on to other hobbies. Lately, however, I began to be drawn to this field once again and behold, found this treasure of the internet. Hope to find new ideas and new ways to realize them!

Cheers,
    Pijus

Welcome to the Guild Pijus! Well you are in good company, the lover of maps has drawn many of us here. Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh