Thread: Greetings from Canada!

Post Greetings from Canada!

Hello there, my fellow cartographers!

Ever since I was about 7 years old, I've been fascinated with the activity of cartography. I began by drawing pretty bad maps of islands, with horribly smooth coasts and icon mountains. They were pretty bad. Over the years though, I did get better at it, but became less attached to it. At around age 9, I lost interest with cartography and stopped all together. However, when I was about 11, I was bored sitting in my 5th grade class. With nothing to do, I pulled out a sheet of paper and began drawing a map. I discovered that I had never truly lost touch with fictional cartography.

Since then, I've been periodically creating fantasy maps. I've slowly gotten even better at it, and now profess myself as am adept fictional cartographer. My main (and perhaps only) inspiration is J.R.R. Tolkien, better known as the author of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit novels. In all the books there are included a little map of Middle-earth, which I periodically view to get some inspiration.

I enjoy playing video games, particularly Skyrim and Minecraft. I also enjoy general drawing, but for some reason detest painting. As you could guess, I particularly 'specialize' in map making. And by the way, I draw all my maps by hand. I like watching TV, and my favorite shows would be Lost, Futurama and the Walking Dead. I also like reading, and my favorite book would have to be the Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Well, that's me. I'm glad to be a new member of this fantastic forum, and I'm glad you took the time to read this. Thanks again!

Hey Breymor - good to see and know you. Where in Canada are you sending greetings from? I hail from Port Coquitlam myself - outskirts of Vancouver.

Welcome to the Guild Breymoor!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by DashBranaghan View Post
    Hey Breymor - good to see and know you. Where in Canada are you sending greetings from? I hail from Port Coquitlam myself - outskirts of Vancouver.
    Ah, I myself come from Calgary, in Alberta. It's good to see a fellow Canadian.