0 0%
  • The Necromancer's Cave by languard

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August/September 2013 VOTING: Attack of the Blobs

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default August/September 2013 VOTING: Attack of the Blobs

This month's Lite Challenge was to take the Guild-provided Blob Shape Mark One and create something out of it. We had some really great entries this month, and here they are:

August/September Thumbs

As usual, you can vote for as many entries as you want. Make sure to rep those entries you feel deserving of it as well. Voting will close in four days.

Note: Like last month, there is an entry that doesn't show up in the Thumbs, because the entrant did not follow the posting rules. Just FYI. If you want to see it, you'll have to click on the entry thread instead.
    Last edited by Diamond; 09-16-2013 at 01:04 AM.

I've voted for two maps this time.

> Ya'Gan Asteroid Impact by Poison - I like the colours and style, even if there are no labels.
    > The Lost Islands of D'Khatur and D'Khasha by Quicksilver - A simple clean map. The lack of labeling works well if it is supposed to be un-populated.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Dang. Another challenge I found myself too busy to finish.... (GIMP crashing when I was trying to make last-minute updates didn't help, though)

I guess I can do so later if I want, but I find it unlikely I will get many votes next to the competition I've got. Great entries!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

My votes went to Poison and Bogie (though can't rep you atm Bogie, sorry). Good job all!
    Last edited by - Max -; 09-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.

There were many I could have voted for this time... some really beautiful and inspiring pieces. And, while not even the one I did vote for had everything I would have liked to have seen for the style (rivers being the biggest disappointment) I thought dwsel's Tapatiki Lake was a good interpretation of the challenge and well finished. It'd be interesting to take a hike through the area, and all sorts of fun to imagine what I'd run into while there.... giant rats or summat
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    There were many I could have voted for this time... some really beautiful and inspiring pieces. And, while not even the one I did vote for had everything I would have liked to have seen for the style (rivers being the biggest disappointment) I thought dwsel's Tapatiki Lake was a good interpretation of the challenge and well finished. It'd be interesting to take a hike through the area, and all sorts of fun to imagine what I'd run into while there.... giant rats or summat
    Thanks Chashio! I'll try to experiment more with rivers next time. I really didn't work enough well on the slope of the lake (it's way too constant for me) - maybe I'll try new techniques next time.

As for voting - I hope participants can vote as well. My voting goes like that:

The Continent of Verysi by Thurlor because of colours choices and style.
    Blobs in Sydney by MDW because I like modern maps.
    The Lost Islands of D'Khatur and D'Khasha by Quicksilver because in my eyes it deserves to win.

Yes, participants can most definitely vote!

Thank you for the votes so far! I did intend to add labels, but then I spent a little more time away from home than planned... Ah well. Maybe I'll add them later. It's fun to work with a set concept/challenge, I may join challenges more often!

Guild Journeyer

Nice entries all!

I voted for:
    Ya'Gan Asteroid Impact by Poison - nicely done!
    Tapatiki Lake by dwsel - Like the feeling

Congrats to Poison for winning this month's Silver Compass. Also thanks and congrats to our other entrants for doing such an awesome job.

Sorry it took me so long to close this out this month; Poison, your award should display shortly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast