Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Map of Toril

Seerblue,

I'm trying to figure out how to transform a greyscale color to a greyscale range so that the lightest color of the lower polygon ends where the darkest color of upper polygon begins in Illustrator. You see, all i did for contour lines is to draw smaller and smaller polygons on top of each other. The lower polygon doesn't stop where the upper one begins, it's just below the upper one. If i fill my polygons woth greyscale range, the lighter colors will just be below the other. It will not end at their frontier. I don't know how to make it end at their frontier.

As you can see, i'm also really bad at explaining. English not being my native tongue.

Can you make something of what i just said?

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Professional Artist

Try selecting all of your polygons, opening up the pathfinder palette, and selecting "divide". This will cut the overlapping areas into individual polys, that you can then delete, keeping only the part you need.

-Rob

For a reason i can't explain, my polygons wont behave like polygons. I'm trying to merge, to make compound path, croping mask, i've tried your pathfinder tip Rob and nothing works. Maybe my polygons have to many hanchor points or something.

If i draw a simple square within a square and use these technics...everything works fine...my polies... no go.

Feeling a bit depressed right now

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

It's been a while but here is another progression of my map. Well, it's not a progression as more of a complete makeover. I've redone all contour lines with a lot less detail but adding more layers. From 9 levels, i went up to 16.

I'll be able to do a grayscale version of it with a nicer gradation and i will be able to smooth the transition between contours so it looks better in FT pro.

Anyway, here's the new version.

http://patoumonde.com/maps/Toril_progress_7.pdf

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Hello all,

It's been a while since i posted progression of my work. Since the last post, i had to drop my website and i also had to stop mapping because of a shoulder injury.

I will bring back my website shortly and i'm back at mapping. The map of Toril is advancing nicely and i hope to show some updates shortly.

I know nobody are sitting at the edge of their seats waiting for this but i thought to give some news for those who care.

Will post shortly.

Thanks

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

First off, all the best for you. Hopefully this injury will soon be healed and nothing but a bad memory.

I am looking forward to your next map of Toril. I've had a lot of good rp-ing in Faerun and even if it is not the most realistic of worlds, i still like it alot. So keep it coming
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Back!

I haven't had shoulder surgery, but mine does give me fits every once in awhile and limits what I can do.

Definitely interested in seeing any/all progress you've made.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome back Patrakis. I hope your shoulder is better now. I always enjoy looking at your maps, so let's see some stuff soon
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the support and i will sumit more stuff soon.
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

I just get an error when trying to download the file.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast