Thread: The Nations of Veria

Map The Nations of Veria

This is not my first map, but it’s the first I post here. As I said in my presentation, it’s maybe my less ugly and more "mine" map, because I personally drew every element in it.

I still really have huge difficulties, especially creating mountain brushes (not considering drawing mountains one by one) as I really can’t draw….but I don’t loose hope, I will improve.

Tutorial and tips on this site have been fundamental of course, and I owe this community my skills (even if basic, at the moment). I know that improving requires time and hard work, but I really have few time, so it will take long to improve.
    So many good artists and inspirations here, I almost feel puny; though from time to time I will inflict you my creations

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nations of Veria - Fabio mi fece - small.jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	4.27 MB 
ID:	57777.

Hi fabio-

You post was caught in the moderation queue. Long time lurker, eh? Four years since joining and your first post is a great map! Thanks for deciding to participate

-Rob A>

I agree, this is a good map with an easy-to-use side.

Congrats for your nice pine trees. And your mountains are not so bad by the way. I would rather find a way to place the shield a little bit more in harmony with the rest of the map (with a layer effect maybe?). It clash with the texture in my opinion.

Guild Novice

I think it's a good first try. Did you do this in gimp? If so, I have some brushes for mountains and trees that I made, if you would like to try them.

Thank you all.

@ Rob A: A long time lurker and a shy one .

@ Ilanthar: Thanks for the suggestion; I was going to put the shields in a separate box but finally decided to apply them directly on the "nation" territory.

@ kwbunyap: I did it mainly in photoshop; it's kind of you to offer me your brushes, anyway i'm aiming to do all by myself (except fonts, for the moment)