Hi there!

I found this place through Profantasy and boy am I glad I did!

First, I want to say that all of the maps I've been looking at have been wonderful. Aside being a lovely gallery to look at, they've provided me with inspiration already. I'm not much of a mapper, myself, so it's hard for me to come up with a look or a style. It's also hard to figure out just how the map should be laid out. Once I get the image in my head, I can get it "on paper," but it's coming up with the image in my head that's the problem. I know what I want, but I don't know what it looks like, if you can understand that.

Anyway, about myself.. I'm a computer operator for a day job, and an amateur game designer for a passion. Hopefully the passion and the day job can become one and the same, but it's a long hard road, and I'm just enjoying the passion side of it for now.

That's how I got to mapping.. game design. I'm working on an RPG which began life as a board game (and may spin off into a board game again), and along the way I'm making various maps for various worlds to help me keep my thoughts in order. Even though it's not my strong suit, I'm very much enjoying mapping.

I'll start a WIP thread soon for my first map. I'm eager to share and get feedback to help me be able to make the maps I'm trying to see in my head.

It's nice to meet you all.

-C