Thread: New member

Post New member

Hi there!

I found this place through Profantasy and boy am I glad I did!

First, I want to say that all of the maps I've been looking at have been wonderful. Aside being a lovely gallery to look at, they've provided me with inspiration already. I'm not much of a mapper, myself, so it's hard for me to come up with a look or a style. It's also hard to figure out just how the map should be laid out. Once I get the image in my head, I can get it "on paper," but it's coming up with the image in my head that's the problem. I know what I want, but I don't know what it looks like, if you can understand that.

Anyway, about myself.. I'm a computer operator for a day job, and an amateur game designer for a passion. Hopefully the passion and the day job can become one and the same, but it's a long hard road, and I'm just enjoying the passion side of it for now.

That's how I got to mapping.. game design. I'm working on an RPG which began life as a board game (and may spin off into a board game again), and along the way I'm making various maps for various worlds to help me keep my thoughts in order. Even though it's not my strong suit, I'm very much enjoying mapping.

I'll start a WIP thread soon for my first map. I'm eager to share and get feedback to help me be able to make the maps I'm trying to see in my head.

It's nice to meet you all.

-C

Welcome to the Guild Crifmer! Great to see another CC user added to the fold and we have some folks that can really help you with that program as well as just C&C on your maps.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Welcome to the Guild Crifmer!

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome Aboard! Welcome!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome,

CC users are always welcomed here. That is how i found the site also.

Hope to help you on your project soon.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com