Thread: Byzantine Maps?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Default Byzantine Maps?

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help a fellow member out. I'm looking for Byzantine maps or reproductions made in a byazntine style... though i cannot find anything,which i thought was odd. Are there really no maps left over from this period? I understand it's quite a while ago but there are some pretty old maps kicking around so i was quite surprised when i found nothing.

can anyone help?

thanks

Byzantium spans a period of about 650BC to 1450AD. Are you after Roman Imperial style maps (Constantine moved there in the 4th century) or more medieval maps from the 14th or 15th centuries? http://www.medievalists.net/wp-conte...nople_1422.jpg is an example of a 1422 map of the city itself, but I'm not sure what you mean by "Byzantine style."

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

thanks waldronate, that's just the type of thing i was thinking of, though i ws looking for something a bit larger scale - l;ike a map of the empire or the eastern mediterranean region, in that style.

and by byzantine style i meant of a n appearance reminiscent of byzantine art
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 09-19-2013 at 05:33 AM.