Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unpaid Commission - LARP Map

Default Unpaid Commission - LARP Map

Latest WIP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013_09_20 export.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	394.0 KB 
ID:	57821  

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

*stand up.* *Begin-slow-clap* Everyone loves it so far! Excellent work!

This looks very nice so far Ravells!

Great! Its amazing so far

Excellent update!! I recommend making your rivers less straight and be more curvy, however. Let them meander over the flatter areas as very straight paths tend to happen more in steep mountain valleys. Glacier covered lands tend to have rivers flowing under the surface and not always on top also. Look up melt water on wikipedia. It may not be your design but I'd be mindful of rivers forming in deserts. Usually they are fed by areas that get a lot of rain fall or some other water source. The Nile for instance runs through a desert (and has fertile ground next to it) but is fed by highland rains way down south of and in Ethiopia. So long as you are aware of that and can imply it somehow but again, it is not your design necessarily as it is a commission right? I was fonder of the less saturated colours in the previous edition, especially in the ocean. I would make it a calmer blue so it is not so overpowering.
    Last edited by Viking; 09-24-2013 at 02:11 AM.

I can't wait to see the next version

Sorry, lots on in r/l at the moment! Hope to get something to you soon! Thanks for the crits, Viking! I'm not sure what the scale of this map is, lol! I'm afraid (unless Corey corrects me) the desert river is part of his world, so I guess it's there to say. The nile crossed my mind as well. I'm assuming that the scale of this map is close to world size which means that the meanders in the rivers are for the most part too small at this scale to portray...well that's my excuse!

best

Ravs

If I may make a correction, as you've stated- the river should not be in the middle of the desert, it should- rather- in the desert along the mountains, as the high altitudes capture clouds and send them up, causing rainfall. The resulting runoff from the precipitation is what forms that river.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Here is the next iteration.
    Jumpin' jack rabbits! Parts of that map nearly look like Google Maps satellite view! I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm mostly referring to some of the mountainous areas and the transition to the frozen lands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast