Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragonsmouth - city map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Dragonsmouth - city map commission

Hey guys,
    Here's my lastest map, Dragonsmouth, a city map commisionned by Peter Gates from Silverhold Studios, who will release a steampunk setting kickstarter in 2014 "Eternity : Steel and Steam".

Here's a few words about the city of Dragonsmouth itself :

" Dragonsmouth was originally built as a military outpost by the Thulian Technocracy to protect and make use of a strategically important Waygate that was found in a series of caves under a large outcropping of rock (now called Dragoncrest). To protect the outpost inhabitants from the Mists, a large domed design supported by the rock outcropping was adopted.
    Unfortunately the project was plagued by problems and constant Mistspawn attacks. The dome collapsed during mid-construction just before the end of the war between Thule and its enemy, Britannia. Already struggling under the costs of the continuing war effort, the government abandoned the project and ordered all troops to pull out. However, those already living in the settlement refused to leave, as did General Herrera, the military commander in charge of the project, who made it his duty to look after those left behind by Thule. His men, the Grey Guard, likewise stayed behind, becoming the standing military force for the city. Thus Dragonsmouth was born, named after the shape the broken dome made.
    Some fifteen years on the city has grown, quickly becoming a centre of trade for the northern borderlands, with a reputation as a place where you could pretty much find anything - for a price of course. It is also a well-known refuge for certain people (criminals, mercenaries, pirates and the likes) that wish to avoid the forces of Thule and Britannia. Dragonsmouth also has a strong industrial sector, with local mines providing the necessary raw materials for the production of steel from which other goods are manufactured. However, due to the harsh, barren and rocky land around the city, it relies heavily on other settlements around the region to supply enough foodstuffs to feed its people.

As I was asked to make a few other maps for this setting, I'll keep you in touch about it. You can still check updates and news on Fat Core community and Silverhold Studios website.

The map was made in photoshop, following Yphyrion's style, as requested. Original size is 8"x12". WIP thread is here, thanks for the comments there!

I hope you'll like it,

As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragonsmouth finalsmall.jpg 
Views:	1019 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	57839

© Silverhold Studios 2013
    Last edited by - Max -; 09-21-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Great looking city map. The forum sadly won't let me give you anymore rep at this moment.

Another great map from the Mad Max Mapping Machine!!! Liked and Rated, but couldn't Rep yet.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Another masterpiece, proving you're among the most skilled cartographers.
    I love it. Keep up the good work, we'll be there for enjoying it

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

As alsways, your Cities are a gem. The setting is well translated into the Map, and I am sure the client is very pleased.

Lovely work Max!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Wonderful. But sorry ask maybe dumbness, but i cat find where is the detailed area in the city map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much all you guys!
    @ Aquarits : Sorry but I don't understand what you mean...Which detailed area??
    @SK : Yes the client is satisfied as so I am

As the client for this project, I'm immensely pleased with the work that Max has done. I couldn't recommend him enough and I'm really excited to see what other maps he creates for the setting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast