Thread: *** September/October 2013 Challenge: A Mysterious Land

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** September/October 2013 Challenge: A Mysterious Land

This month's challenge will be a little shorter than usual, thanks to me dropping the ball and closing the last one out so late. (Sorry!)

This time around, your challenge will be to map a land that is shrouded in mystery. You could go at it in a couple of different ways - the map could be from the point of view from an outsider, and might be mostly (or purely) conjectural; or it could be done from the point of view of a resident, and so would have more detail (or maybe not; you could build an interesting story and map out of why that would be). No special restrictions on genre or look; the map might show the surface of a planet abandoned after some interstellar war or plague; it might be a mysterious island interior; a fabulous Eastern Empire of wealth and legend; a hidden valley in Antarctica; a lost continent; etc etc.

A quick overview of thread layout and formatting rules:

1. Label each new thread September/October 2013 Challenge: < your title here>
    2. Precede each WIP image with this tag: ### Latest WIP ###

The challenge will end on or around the 14th of October, and we'll have four days of voting, after which the winner (or winners, in case of a tie) will be awarded... A BRAND NEW CAR!!! Nah, just kidding. But you will get a nifty Silver Compass.

Interesting challenge! It brings art project to mind for me, somehow.

I have a business meeting late tomorrow, so by the time I get home I'm probably going to be too tired to close things out for the month.

...Which means you'll most likely have an extra day if there's last minute changes you want to make.

Still working on it. It's the best time to do so.

I'm going to be closing out the contest tonight, probably around 9PM Pacific time.