Thread: Cartographer Iron Challenge - Litheria

Wip Cartographer Iron Challenge - Litheria

So I set out to redo my original map I was creating for my Pathfinder group that I DM for in photoshop. I just started today about an hour ago. This is my current process. I decided against the mountains of my original tact and to go with more of a top down view of the mountains which are actually turning out better then I thought they would be!

I'm still contemplating if I should designate a darker green for forests, or actually have a mark for it, though I do not know which will go better with the mountain style I have going.

I'm currently using Photoshop CS6 to work on this. My challenge to myself is to have this from start to finish done by tonight!

Heres a scaled down image. Currently working at 7k by 5k pixels at 300 DPI. Planning on printing this out. Any comments, suggestions or critiques?

Also I wanted to thank torstan for the great tutorials! (Fan of torstan maps)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Litheria.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	58016

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Very interesting mountains! They work especially well in the smaller size, on the island. Perhaps add more detail to the larger ranges, to make them look equally good?

Thanks! I was actually having quite a problem with the larger ranges, I got three more ranges done but they looked... off when it comes to the smaller island.