Thread: Purchase (or donation for) extensive set of maps and map obects for 20th Centrury RPG

Default Purchase (or donation for) extensive set of maps and map obects for 20th Centrury RPG

Hello Folks,

I'm not a cartographer, nor am I a graphic artist, but I am surely impressed by the work I've seen here on this site!

I have recently begun exploring firing up my old GURPS Cliffhangers (i.e. Indiana Jones) role-playing game campaign, now that impressive technologies enable my old gang (now dispersed across the US) to re-convene around a virtual tabletop with voice and video! After nosing around some options, roll20.net seems to be by far the most-straightforward platform for what I need. However, my time is limited, and it will be all I can do to prepare plots etc in advance as a GM, much less having the time to draw complex maps from scratch.

I am wondering if any of you could steer me to a source of squad-level scale maps and map elements for purchase in bulk. In particular, I'd like to recreate tactical hex maps for:

1) The Museum of the Antiquities, and its secret passages
    2) The seedy warehouse down by the docks where the PCs will need to "persuade" Vinny "Boom Boom" Rotella to sing like a canary
    3) The Temple of Cthulhu
    4) The remote island sacrificial altar
    5) The Cruise ship heading into the Bermuda Triangle
    6) The Nazi Occult Investigation Service airfield

you get the idea.... where I'd love to get a stock city street for example as the bottom layer, and then sprinkle separate map items to embellish it, like parked vintage cars, garbage cans, park benches, trees, etc. Then I just overlay the hexes atop it.

I'm willing to pony up some dough to get enough elements to ideally just cover most or all of these kinds of scenes for use with combat tokens for the players and their enemies/NPCs. I'd be grateful for any leads.

Thanks!

Sniv
    Last edited by RobA; 09-23-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Guild Journeyer

You may want to move this to the map request forum.

I might be interested in helping out.

Ken

Guild Journeyer

Sniv I need contact info.
    Thanks KenG