Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Maffaton City

Wow this is really fantastic! It just oozes character and lore. I showed my group this and we spent about an hour just making up content for all the different places. Could I also have your permission to use this in our game? Our plan is to develop every location in the city. NPC's, history, neighborhoods, track reputations all kinds of stuff! I am new to the site so I might not know all the rules but If I wanted to have this printed out to the size of a dining room table would that be something I would also need permission for? Let me know. Fantastic map man.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Hey nickwmi!

Thanks for the nice words. Also, you most certainly have my permission to do absolutely whatever you want with my map. This goes for anyone else on this forum who cares, by the way. In fact, I'd be honored if you were to use it in an RPG with other people. That just shares the fun. It gives me real joy to know that other people find similar joy in what is essentially just a passtime for me. So go right ahead with whatever plans you have, nickwmi. I'd even be willing to give you feedback on whatever you come up with. The lore and characters of this place exist somewhere in the nebulous aether that is my mind, so I have nothing concrete in my archieve right now. But I can come up with sci-fi and fantasy fluff on the spot, if I had to. It's more or less what I do every day, even when I should be doing serious things, like work and drive and breathe. So feel free to ask whatever you like of me.
    Anyway, have fun with my map!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Do you do commission work?

Quote Originally Posted by CoWnOsE View Post
    Do you do commission work?
    Short answer: no.

Heh, I know this thread is a few years old by this point, but since it has gotten resurrected... Awesome city map! I think is the first time I've come across a city map from you.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Yeap, one of my favourite too. Good maps always deserve a resseurection once in a while.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    ...Awesome city map! I think is the first time I've come across a city map from you.
    First of all, thank you very much. And, I did start on another way-too-big city map some time ago. It's here. I made inital headway, but then, as with many of my other projects, time passes between sessions, or I get distracted by some other map that I rather wanna work on, and well, I just sort of abandoned the map. I haven't forgotten about it, and I do still glance at my stowed-away projects every once in a while. I'm sure I will finish that map some day. Definitely. 100%. No doubt. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    First of all, thank you very much. And, I did start on another way-too-big city map some time ago. It's here. I made inital headway, but then, as with many of my other projects, time passes between sessions, or I get distracted by some other map that I rather wanna work on, and well, I just sort of abandoned the map. I haven't forgotten about it, and I do still glance at my stowed-away projects every once in a while. I'm sure I will finish that map some day. Definitely. 100%. No doubt. Maybe.
    Well hot damn. This is incredible. I really hope you will get around to finishing it at some point.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    And, I did start on another way-too-big city map some time ago. It's here. I made inital headway, but then, as with many of my other projects, time passes between sessions, or I get distracted by some other map that I rather wanna work on, and well, I just sort of abandoned the map. I haven't forgotten about it, and I do still glance at my stowed-away projects every once in a while. I'm sure I will finish that map some day. Definitely. 100%. No doubt. Maybe.
    I remember that map. *sigh*

Sorry to raise an old thread again; I would normally send a PM about this but being a lurker I haven't met the requisite number of posts to send private messages. First off, I love the map. Secondly, I would like to use it in a D&D game and was wondering if you had a version without the labels. I realize it's a 7-year-old project so chances are slim, but I like your work too much to not ask.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast