Thread: Happy to be here

Guild Novice

Post Happy to be here

Hi, everyone!

I want to say first and foremost that I am amazed at the collection of artists here. I thought I was one of few who enjoyed map making in itself. But, I am in awe of the talent and collection we have here!

I started making maps a long time ago, just pen and paper but I has only been within the last year (after picking up a Wacom Tablet) that I have been experimenting with Photoshop and other digital forms of art. And I must say it has taken my world building to a whole new level.

I look forward to feed back on my work and giving praise to the work of others!

Till then!

P.S. I tried uploading a finished map into the finished map thread as an attachment but I waited over an hour and it still did not load the map (it is rather large though, 3500 pixels square, in JPEG format). Is there something different I should be doing? Maybe I need 5 posts before I can upload? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Welcome to the guild, jljansen! I'm looking forward to seeing your maps, I'm glad you found this community. I just got a tablet myself (like it's a few days old) and I'm just figuring out how I'll use it...

There are some limits to the size of files you can upload. I believe a jpg is 4.77MB maximum. When you click "Upload Photos" in your gallery section you'll see a little blue question mark icon in the upper right corner of the upload window. Click that and it will tell you the maximum sizes for various file types.

Cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Novice

Yeah I just noticed that. I will compress the image to fit and upload it tonight.
    Thanks for the help!