Thread: Fantasy setting : Nightfall

Default Fantasy setting : Nightfall

So, after a long time in choosing some names... Here's my last fantasy map.

It come a long way thanks to many advices (in WIP). Just don't know why, but I've been able to download it without resized it !

A little world about the background : the sun has a different move in the sky, from NNE to NEE and its course is a little as seen in the pole.
    As a result, the more you are close from the NE, the more the day lasts and the night is short. And just the opposite in the SO.

Quite an important thing as magic is working at night only, and advanced technology at daylight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ilanthar-albums-various+maps-picture57910-nightfall.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	4.47 MB 
ID:	57911
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 09-24-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Thats a really cool concept! You thought it out really well, it makes sense. You did a great job on the map as well... Does the magic have anything to do with the moon and/or stars?

Well, the answer is yes and no...

No for the moon, because it has an erratic path in the sky. The moon is considered sacred for one nomadic people which is following its path. The moon covers itself with darkness along with its journey (a kind of dark matter), then "regenerates" itself white by breaking the crust of darkness. This of course, causes a fall of meteors.

For the stars, partly yes. Since an ancient race and supposedly vanished race is responsible for this astronomical situation, and therefore, thought to be responsible for magic as well.

That all sounds awesome! I just posted a thread about star maps would you ever want to make one for this map? If so I would love to know your concepts for that.